[BRLTTY] how to start and stop brltty

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Sun Feb 21 15:18:03 EST 2021

[quoted lines by John Covici on 2021/02/21 at 14:44 -0500]

Hi:

>Of course, I do.   I wonder if its looking for a module that I do not
>have.

I think that selinux is getting in the way. The complaint is about user
credentials, which, to me, makes no sense at all. Note that brltty invokes
modprobe just by name, yet the error contains its full (/sbin/) path. So the
command has been found but something about your system doesn't want brltty to
invoke it.

>But the bigger question, how do you stop and start brltty now?

With systemctl start/stop as before.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |