[BRLTTY] how to start and stop brltty

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Mon Feb 22 11:20:32 EST 2021

[quoted lines by John Covici on 2021/02/22 at 01:18 -0500]

>Why is this so complicated?

It isn't. As I see it, the problem is incorrect installation. I know you're
trying as hard as you can, but, really, that isn't the real problem. The real
problem (again, only as I see it) is that gentoo, by insisting on having their
"experts" work out a completely "do it yourslef" installation, aren't making
life very easy for their users.

Quite frankly, I myself am finding this to be rather frustrating. We work hard
to make sure that things like installation work correctly, and then some
distribution comes along and wants to do things it's own way. Then, when we
find the need to make a change, our tools continue to work but theirs don't.
And then it's us who get asked why things are so complicated. :-(

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |