[BRLTTY] how to start and stop brltty

John Covici covici at ccs.covici.com
Mon Feb 22 17:12:53 EST 2021

On Mon, 22 Feb 2021 15:17:17 -0500,
Dave Mielke wrote:

> [quoted lines by John Covici on 2021/02/22 at 15:09 -0500]
>
> >I certainly did make install-systemd install-udev but it does not install
> >/usr/lib/sysusers/brltty.conf nor /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/brltty.conf so do I have
> >to execute something else, or do I have to copy them from Autostart by hand?
>
> If you're using 6.3's make files then they most certanlky do install those
> files?
>
> >lets see what happens.
>
> Let's see what happens when? After yet more manual experimentation that
> deviates from the provided tools?

hmmm, unfortunately, the make install-systemd only installed
in /lib/systemd/system the following
brltty.path
'brltty at .path'
'brltty at .service'
and in /usr/lib
it installed tmpfiles.d/brltty.conf, so its missing the
sysusers.d/brltty.conf .  This is definitely the 6.3 makefiles, so no clue.

I looked at the Make file in question and it does seem to install that
file, but it depends on environment variables and I don't know the
value of those, but will try more things later.

Thanks for all your patience in this.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici wb2una