[BRLTTY] how to start and stop brltty

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Tue Feb 23 10:10:37 EST 2021

[quoted lines by John Covici on 2021/02/23 at 10:03 -0500]

>Well, any way I can test what pkgconfig is returning for you?

The command is:

   pkg-config --variable=<variable> <package>

So, for example:

   pkg-config --variable=sysusersdir systemd

>I only know what I have and most packages seem to be able to find pkgconfig
>entries.

And I know that pkg-config is the way that distributions tell users where
things live, that it's the right way to do this, and that distributions are
responsible for providing healthy environments.

I'd appreciate it if you'd stop always trashing the way we've chosen to do
things in order to justify the way that gentoo has chosen to do things.

Given that each distribution does this or that in different ways, what way do
you - the apparent "expert" in these things - recommmend that we use?

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |