[BRLTTY] Nos braille ouput through Orca since 6.2

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Tue Feb 23 15:58:15 EST 2021

Le 23/02/2021 à 21:50, Dave Mielke a écrit :
> [quoted lines by Didier Spaier on 2021/02/23 at 21:22 +0100]
>
> The +polkit doesn't belong to the key file's name. The + is a delimiter, so
> it's saying that polkit is an alternate authorization scheme.
>
> Orca saying that it can't initialize brltty isn't telling us much. What we need
> to see is brltty's log. Use -ldebug,usb,async to specify what should be logged,
> and use -L/path/to/logfile to specify the location of the log file. Since this
> is occurring while / is read-only, you'll need to put the log file in some
> read-write volume that'll survive the boot process.

Actually Tony is using a modified version of the main initialization script,
so when brltty is started / is already read-write.

By the way I forgot to provide a maybe important information: with this
modification brltty can be killed with a signal 15 and gets Orca output in
/dev/tty2 if I add -b tt -d /dev/tty2 to the command line, but not with a
"real" braille display, USB connected I assume.

Best regards
Didier