[BRLTTY] how to start and stop brltty

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Wed Feb 24 14:06:58 EST 2021

[quoted lines by John Covici on 2021/02/24 at 13:54 -0500]

>No,  that user has not been created, is that on reboot?

Yes, also during a reboot. There are commands to do these things immediately,
as well. Try rebooting and see what happens.

>Also, I would be perfectly happy to run it as root, if that is possible.

Of course that's possible. All you'd need to do is comment out the User= line.
At least, I think that's all. :-)

>I will seeee if he is still interested, but I got no response last
>time I tried a couple of years ago.

But 6,.1 was less than a year ago (maybe 10 months or so). Maybe, if you really
want to (for whatever reason) stick with gentoo then it'll become your job.

I just have to comment on your signature:

>Your life is like a penny.  You're going to lose it.  The question is:
>How do
>you spend it?

My reason: We haven't had pennies, here in Canada, for years. So I guess that
means that my life is totally worthless! :-)

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |