[BRLTTY] Virtual Bluetooth Device For iOS

Brian Tew montanalag at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 06:04:32 EST 2021

Thats exactly right. Also I have gotten that "not supported" message even when pairing under voiceover, braille,
Choose a braille display. I have seen others post about this; some kind of intermittant bug.
Make voiceover forget the device; thats what fixed my pairing problem.
Also reboot your ios device. I have to reboot my ipad most days as it starts acting squirrelly after a while.

> On Jan 6, 2021, at 3:52 AM, Cearbhall O'Meadhra <cearbhall.omeadhra at blbc.ie> wrote:

Morning, Kyle,

Just a thought before you give up on your search for a connection with IOS!

I attempted to connect my Orbit Reader with IOS on the iPhone 7 with no luck
- indeed I got a message that the device is not supported.

By chance, I discovered that the only way to connect a braille display to IOS
is under Braille in the VoiceOver settings. Have you tried it? If not, then I
would love to hear how you get on!

You make the Alva discoverable and then set the VoiceOver dialog to search
for the device. If it is compatible, it will appear on your screen and you
can go ahead and pair it.

Even after I successfully paired the Orbit to IOS through VoiceOver, the main
Bluetooth connection under settings was declaring that the device was not
supported! Apparently it is a glitch of some sort.

All the best,

Cearbhall

m +353 (0)833323487 Ph: _353 (0)1-2864623 e: cearbhall.omeadhra at blbc.ie