[BRLTTY] After upgrade to 6.3

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Fri Jul 23 15:07:11 EDT 2021

[quoted lines by Adrian van Bloois on 2021/07/23 at 19:53 +0200]

>my personal additions disappeared from bc680.ktb.
>I put it in again and now it works perfectly alright.

If you'd put it in /etc/brltty/Input/al/bc680.ktb then it'd have been overwritten by the upgrade. The best way to do what you're wanting to do is to create /etc/xdg/brltty/bc680.ktb (yes, the same name). Brltty will look for this file before looking for the distributed one. This is how persistent customizations can be done.

In this file, put your bindings and an include of the distributed file. For example:

   bind SpartpadF1 CSRVIS
   include bc680.ktb

The include of bc680.ktb, here, works because brltty skips over files that are already open.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |