[BRLTTY] Unicode Braille

Mario Lang mlang at blind.guru
Tue Mar 23 04:00:56 EDT 2021

Dave Mielke <Dave at mielke.cc> writes:

> [quoted lines by Raphaël POITEVIN on 2021/03/22 at 11:51 +0100]
>
>>It seems not working on my Active Star.
>
> Yes, because the ht key tables don't include the common chords
> subtable. Perhaps this could be done. I don't perso0nally have access
> to an ht device so I'm a little reluctant to mess with those tables
> myself. It'd sure be a nice addition to 6.4, though.

In the meantime, you should be able to switch between unicode and
translated input via the preferences menu.
Alternatively, you could create your own binding for
BRLUCDOTS+on
and
BRLUCDOTS+off
as well.

For instance, you can copy /etc/brltty/Input/ht/as40.ktb
to /etc/xdg/brltty/ (create the directory if necessary)
and put your own binding in that file.
Something like:

bind SpaceLeft+B5+B7+B1 BRLUCDOTS+on
bind SpaceLeft+B5+B7+B8 BRLUCDOTS+off