[BRLTTY] Low-level BrlAPI questions

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sat May 8 16:07:04 EDT 2021

Dave Mielke, le sam. 08 mai 2021 15:46:41 -0400, a ecrit:
> [quoted lines by Samuel Thibault on 2021/05/08 at 20:05 +0200]
>
> >But then is the difference between array and non-array that array
> >is of variable size while non-arry is static size? But for instance
> >BRLAPI_PARAM_DISPLAY_SIZE has array size but fixed count 2.
>
> I personally think that that one (display size) shouldn't be marked as an array.

Ok.

I however eventually digged back into the git log, and this isArray
was really introduced to determine, as documented, whether there is
to be possibly several values, or always one. That's notably used in
the Python bindings to know whether it shall return, when one value
is returned, an array of one value or directly the value. That's
contradictory with what you wrote above. I don't think we want to
distort the original aim of the field, and keep it as is is. Which
indeed means that if isArray is not 1, count cannot be 1.

Actually I don't know what count is used for, we don't use it in the
client library or the server. Do you remember why you introduced it?

Samuel