[BRLTTY] Fwd: Problems when using brltty in the terminal

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Sun May 9 05:03:27 EDT 2021

[quoted lines by halim.sahin at freenet.de on 2021/05/09 at 10:19 +0200]

>   The problem reported is  not a speech only problem I think.

Specifying a2:type=terminal screen driver parameter tells the AtSpi2 screen driver to only pay attention to terminal windows (for both braille and speech). Unless I'm misunderstanding something still, it should resolve your problem.

>What are the plans with the a2 driver? Do you plan to add more functionality to it to have another screenreader for desktops?

Yes, if time ever permits, that's my goal. It just isn't very high on the priority list as Orca is there.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |