[BRLTTY] Low-level BrlAPI questions

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Sun May 9 05:24:11 EDT 2021

[quoted lines by Samuel Thibault on 2021/05/09 at 11:04 +0200]

>But for all bindings that will be returned as an array of two elements.

I don't think that's a good assumption. Why should we impose constraints on any set of bindings that can offer a better way? For example, the Java bindings return a DisplaySize class. Some bindings might wish to use a list rather than an array. We should be as informative as we can when it comes to informing clients. They can still ignore isArray and assume an array if count is greater than 1.

>Just like for for BRLAPI_PARAM_COMPUTER_BRAILLE_ROWS_MASK we will return
>an array of 544 elements, and for BRLAPI_PARAM_COMPUTER_BRAILLE_ROW_CELLS
>an array of 256 elements.

Yes, because those are fixed sizes. There are other arrays, however, for which the count is 0 because the returned size is unknown, i.e. it's variable.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |