[BRLTTY] Fwd: Problems when using brltty in the terminal

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Sun May 9 05:35:44 EDT 2021

[quoted lines by Samuel Thibault on 2021/05/09 at 11:13 +0200]

>No, please reread tryRestartTerm, it only uses the typeFlags array to
>determine the quality returned by the screen reader. If there is no text
>to read it will return SCQ_NONE indeed since it has nothing to say. But
>if there is text to read, whatever the type it will return at least
>SQC_POOR, and speech will speak it, which is indeed what is expected
>when brltty is alone as a screen reader.

Okay, so the real problem, then, is that we got rid of the old focus parameter because we thought we no longer needed it. We didn't think of this case. The answer, therefore, might be to restore that parameter.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |