[BRLTTY] Low-level BrlAPI questions

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Sun May 9 05:46:00 EDT 2021

[quoted lines by Samuel Thibault on 2021/05/09 at 11:36 +0200]

>> Some bindings might wish to use a list rather than an array.
>
>If bindings want to return a list, fine for them, "array" is just a word
>for the brlapi protocol, it can be expressed whichever way is fine for
>bindings.

They may wish to use an array for isArray==true but a list for isArray==false. In other words, they may wish to use an array for a multi-value result but a list for a multi-value single item. I think it's healthy to make them aware of the difference.

>Just like the display size if of fixed size.

Yes, but it's a single value so why not tell them? Telling them doesn't preclude falling back to an array.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |