[BRLTTY] Problems when using brltty in the terminal

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Sun May 9 16:35:27 EDT 2021

[quoted lines by Christian Schoepplein on 2021/05/09 at 22:04 +0200]

>It would be really cool if you have another idea that could help.

The AtSpi2 screen driver used to have a focus parameter which could contrain it to terminal windows. We dropped that parameter when brlapi priorities were introduced because that let tee AtSpi2 screen driver drop its content quality when not on a terminal window, thus giving brlapi preference to Orca. We didn't consider the possibility that Orca wouldn't be using that brltty's brlapi interface. We could, therefore, restore the focus parameter, but, for you, that'd mean either waiting for 6.4 or using a development release. Of course, I'd prefer that you'd use a development release so tat you can test it. :-)

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |