[BRLTTY] Problems when using brltty in the terminal

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sun May 9 16:51:13 EDT 2021

Dave Mielke, le dim. 09 mai 2021 16:45:26 -0400, a ecrit:
> [quoted lines by Samuel Thibault on 2021/05/09 at 22:39 +0200]
>
> >Again, the Braille part is working completely fine.
> >
> >The problem raised here is *speech* only.
>
> I'm being slow on this one. Is what's wanted, when not on a terminal window, that Orca renders the speech but brltty renders the braille?

No.

The problem is with non-terminal windows.

Brltty's speech driver is still getting content from the atspi2 driver,
even if with SCQ_POOR level, and speaks it, in parallel of Orca doing
its own speak.

The simplest would be to just add an option to make the atspi2 screen
driver not always return content, event at poor level, if it's not of
the desired type. Another, more complex way would be to add an option to
make brltty's speech only emit messages when the screen driver reports
having good quality. Another, yet more complex way would be to add to
speech dispatcher a notion of overriding priority.

Samuel