[BRLTTY] Problems when using brltty in the terminal

Christian Schoepplein chris at schoeppi.net
Sun May 9 17:06:55 EDT 2021

Hi Dave,

> Am 09.05.2021 um 22:35 schrieb Dave Mielke <Dave at mielke.cc>:
>
> [quoted lines by Christian Schoepplein on 2021/05/09 at 22:04 +0200]
>
>> It would be really cool if you have another idea that could help.
>
> The AtSpi2 screen driver used to have a focus parameter which could contrain it to terminal windows. We dropped that parameter when brlapi priorities were introduced because that let tee AtSpi2 screen driver drop its content quality when not on a terminal window, thus giving brlapi preference to Orca. We didn't consider the possibility that Orca wouldn't be using that brltty's brlapi interface. We could, therefore, restore the focus parameter, but, for you, that'd mean either waiting for 6.4 or using a development release. Of course, I'd prefer that you'd use a development release so tat you can test it. :-)

I’d be happy to test also a development release, if compiling it is not to complicated ;-). Just let me know if there is is something ready to test and where to get it ;-).

Thank you all for your great support and ideas to help me with the setup I have on mind and I’d like to test to have a good working environment for hopefully the next years.

Cheers,

  Schoepp