[BRLTTY] Problems when using brltty in the terminal

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Sun May 9 17:37:39 EDT 2021

Hi Chistian,

Le 09/05/2021 à 23:17, Christian Schoepplein a écrit :
> Are the changes in /etc/pulseaudio/default.pa the only necessary changes I have to perform on a standard Debian system, or are there other things I have to do?
>
> If yes, I’ll try it on a fresh Debian Bullsey installation.
>
> I am curious if the setup is working and if latency is really that big that it might be a problem.

It's hard for me to answer, as I don't have a Debian installed.

If memory serves, you'd have to check the alsa configuration as some
settings rely on pulseaudio, which should be avoided.

I could install Debian in a VM to check but that won't be soon, as I am
pretty busy right now.

Meanwhile you could install Slint (in a VM?) and check if the latency is
acceptable.

Cheers,

Didier