[BRLTTY] Low-level BrlAPI questions

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Tue May 11 06:24:07 EDT 2021

Dave Mielke, le mar. 11 mai 2021 06:11:43 -0400, a ecrit:
> [quoted lines by Samuel Thibault on 2021/05/11 at 09:52 +0200]
>
> >I was wondering about it the other day. Aren't all readable parameters
> >also watchable?
>
> The server version isn't watchable.

Isn't it?

I mean, it won't ever change indeed, but can't the watch mechanism work,
as in it gets the value, and then never gets any change notification,
which is what we expect?

Possibly we could add a flag to tell that a parameter won't ever change,
but I don't really see why not keep things orthogonal, if it's really
useful to refuse to add a watch?

> Also, if a parameter has a watch root then it itself isn't watchable.

I didn't know (or remember) about watch roots. We'll indeed want to flag
them as unwatchable on the client side.

Samuel