[BRLTTY] Low-level BrlAPI questions

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Tue May 11 20:57:08 EDT 2021

[quoted lines by Aura Kelloniemi on 2021/05/12 at 00:06 +0300]

>I found this: brlapi_param_computerBrailleRowCells_t. Its
>definition is not in sync with the BRLAPI_PARAM_COMPUTER_BRAILLE_ROW_CELLS
>parameter. How does this work?

It's all uint8 so that part is okay.

There indeeed is an inconsistency, though. There are an extra 32 bytes beyond the 256 (one for each cell). Those extra bytes are a bit mask to say which cells are actually defined. So the error is that .arrySize=256 should really be (256 + 32). I'll fix that.

>At least the Java bindings seem to just expect that it is a uint8 array.

The Java bindings actually know about both arrays. See the constructor of the RowCells class.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |