[BRLTTY] brltty and speech

Christian Schoepplein chris at schoeppi.net
Wed Sep 1 07:16:25 EDT 2021

On Tue, Aug 31, 2021 at 08:03:07PM +0200, Halim Sahin wrote:
>it would be a great start if we could improve existing speech features.

Full ACK!

>An other thing is when using the a2 screendriver:
>The message not an at-spi2 text widget should be dropped
>or it should be configurable.
>
>my last point for now is the stuff with the focus for a2 screen driver
>parameter which should be re-added :-).

This are the two most important points for me also.

Like discussed earlier this year having those two things fixed would make
live much easier for people who want to have a grafical environment and also
like to use terminal sessions a lot. Currently I have to reconfigure
pulseaudio on Debian to get a good working environment and I have to setup
braille and speech for Mate and the text console. this would not longer be
necessary and only the graficcal environment could be used if the two things
would have been fixed and that would make live much easier for beginners who
are not able to do those kind of config work already.

Cheers,

  Schoepp