[BRLTTY] ReadRing rotary braille display

Songpakorn Punongong songpakorn at read-ring.com
Fri Sep 17 22:51:49 EDT 2021

Hello everyone,

I need help in developing a bluetooth braille display based on ESP32.

I am developing ReadRing, a rotary refreshable braille display to be sold
under 300 USD in mass production (Handmade units being sold at under 400
USD in Thailand).
The patented rotary braille mechanism allows continuous braille steaming
inside its drum as the user moves the mouse-sized device to the right.
Users can read braille sentences as long as they want. The recent prototype
contains only 3 piezoelectric actuators, so the electronics can be very
simple. It is powered by a 800 mAh 3.7V battery with a thumbnail-sized
Nixie clock 170 volts converter. The total weight is 91 grams, half of a
smartphone. This rotary architecture enables real time OCR-to-braille with
line tracking when we have embedded computer vision technology in the near
future. You can see videos of working prototypes tested by blind students
on the website below.

I have made a few major revisions of working prototypes in the past 6 years
of development. The recent one uses ESP32-WROVER-B TTGO-T7 v1.5 that
communicates with a smartphone via serial bluetooth. Now, I only know
serial bluetooth and functional interrupt learning from an example in the
Arduino IDE as attached. I want it to communicate like other braille
displays. Please help me find example codes for bluetooth/BLE braille
displays.

Thank you

--
Songpakorn Punongong, Mr.
CEO & CTO

ReadRing Co., Ltd.
Tax ID: 0105560141347
www.read-ring.com
328/1 Memorial Building of Ray C. and Elizabeth Downs, 2nd Floor
PhayaThai Road, Thanon Phetchaburi Sub-district, Ratchathewi District
Bangkok 10400, THAILAND
+66813510162