[BRLTTY] brltty with the Orbit Reader 40?

Chris Brannon chris at the-brannons.com
Mon Sep 27 13:38:15 EDT 2021

Dave Mielke <Dave at mielke.cc> writes:

>>I've tried both USB and Bluetooth, with
>>the suggested Vario Ultra 40 emulation.
>
> I don't know who's suggesting that, but it shouldn't be necessary (or
> even used) with brltty.

It's suggested in the Orbit Reader 40 manual, and in fact it is the
default for the device.

When not emulating a Vario Ultra 40, the Orbit Reader 40 has a USB
vendorid 0x483 and productid 0xa366.  That productid isn't in the brltty
source.  0x0483:0xa1d3 (the Orbit Reader 20) is there.

I'm attaching three logs.  First is USB, with the device emulating Vario
Ultra 40.  The second is bluetooth, with the device emulating Vario
Ultra 40.  The last is Bluetooth without Vario Ultra 40 emulation.  No
point including a log for USB without Vario Ultra 40 emulation, since we
know a priori that the vendorid:productid pair 0x0483:0xa366 isn't
registered with any drivers from brltty.

-- Chris