[BRLTTY] How do you connect to the APH Chameleon using Bluetooth on Android?

Elijah Massey emassey0135 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 05:14:20 EDT 2022

Hello,
I have a Fire HD 10 Plus running the latest version of Fire OS, based on Android 9, and I installed BRLTTY using the latest APK. I paired my APH Chameleon with the tablet, but when I select the tablet in the list of devices on the Chameleon, the braille display does not show anything and pressing keys does nothing. I tried adding the Chameleon in the BRLTTY device list using Bluetooth for the interface and leaving the driver set to autodetect, but even though it found the Bluetooth device, selecting the device in BRLTTY settings after I add it does not do anything either. I can connect it with USB, and when I select the display using the USB interface in the BRLTTY settings, it works just fine. VoiceView does not find the display when I try to pair a braille display in VoiceView settings, so I do not think that is interfering. Is the APH Chameleon not supported through Bluetooth on Android? It does not work with Bluetooth on my ChromeBook either, although I think it works on Linux although I have not tested it in a while.

Sent from my iPad