[BRLTTY] Slow screen updates

Joakim Nordell joakim.nordell at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 02:42:01 EDT 2022

Hi all!

I have experienced slow console updates on a brand new machine at work.
I do not believe this is about brltty, how ever I guess the important
knowledge about such a problem can be found on this list.
To shift a man page up or down takes between one and two seconds. On
other machines such an action is very rapid, about a few ms I guess.
What can cause such problems and how can I investigate this problem any further?

I am running linux in console mode, 1920x1080, so there is room for
about 240 characters on a single line and about 66 lines per page.
I have noticed some differences in the output from fbset -i:
The machine at work sais name: VESA VGA
Other Linux boxes sais something like IntelDRMfb.
At work, I have an ATI graphics adapter. lspci list it as AMD/ATI Lexa
XT Radion PRO WX 3200 rev 10.
I haven't been into console questions much before; it has always
worked perfect before.

Regards
Joakim