[BRLTTY] BRLTTY moving the braille window without being asked to

Sébastien Hinderer Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org
Tue Aug 16 04:13:41 EDT 2022

Dear all,

I am observing a very strange behaviour and I think this has started
when I upgraded from brltty 6.4 to brltty 6.5, recently.

It does not happen systematically so I can not produce a reproduction
case which is 100% guaranteed to work. But, one circumstance where it
happens quite often is when I type the date command at the shell prompt
and then go one line up to read the date. Most of the time, after a
period whose length can vary, the braille window gets moved to another
place (in other words, it becomes blank).

One possible way I found to avoid this behaviour is to freeze the screen
and this is what makes me think that the problem may come from BRLTTY.

How can I help to debug this further?

Cheers,

Sébastien.