[BRLTTY] Brltty sounds absence with sof-firmware driver used on Linux

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Mon Jan 10 07:29:10 EST 2022

[quoted lines by Vsevolod Popov on 2022/01/10 at 09:13 +0300]

>Here is the recaptured log.

The log contains the following problem:

  [brltty] USB: claiming interface: 0
  [brltty] USB interface in use: 0 (usbfs)
  [brltty] possible cause: another brltty process may be accessing the same device
  [brltty] possible cause: the device may be attached to a virtual machine running on this host
  [brltty] USB interface claim error 16: Устройство или ресурс занято

I think the most likely cause is the first sugestion, i.e. that another instance of brltty is already accessing the same device. This is perhaps because it's being immediately started via a udev rule as soon as you connect the device.

I'm sorry if I've forgotten some details but I need to refresh my understanding of your problem. Is it that this (probably) udev-started instance of brltty isn't working?

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |