[BRLTTY] Russian braille tables and orca issue

Alexander Epaneshnikov aarnaarn2 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 18:58:19 EST 2022

On Thu, Jan 13, 2022 at 12:44:06PM +0300, Vsevolod Popov wrote:
> Hello.
> Recently I started coming across the next issue.
> When using Russian computer braille table provided by LibLouis with orca,
> punctuation symbols aren't changed to the symbols described in that table.
> I can check that by launching the same table in NVDA for Windows.
> For example:
> The period "." symbol is stated as dot 3 in LibLouis computer braille table,
> but Orca displays it as a literature braille period with dots 256.
> After trying to switch braille tables from ru brltty to Ru-compbrl LibLouis,
> I noticed that nothing changes. It seems like the table is never changed.

Yes. I have raised this issue before. both here and in correspondence with
Joanmarie (let's add her to CC.)

at the moment the situation is that orca does not work with any of
libLouis tables that I have tried.
the braille display displays characters from the Russian table that is
built into brltty.
Moreover, if you configure brltty to use the LibLouis table, then this
table will be used in tty, but not in x11.

--
Sincerely, Alexander