[BRLTTY] --with-updatable-directory on /var might break early startup

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Sun Jan 30 22:15:48 EST 2022

[quoted lines by William Hubbs on 2022/01/30 at 02:44 -0600]

>I am working on updating brltty on Gentoo and have a quick question about
>this path.
>
>The default seems to be --with-updatable-directory=/var/lib/brltty, but how
>does this work if /var is on a separate partition? Will this setup cause
>issues for early startup (I think it will but want to be sure)? If so, is
>there another place this path should go to allow early starting in this
>situation without issues?

There are a number of proectins in brltty's Systemd service unit. For example:

   After=local-fs.target
   RequiresMountsFor=/var/lib/brltty

Systemd's local-fs.target includes /var/. The reqiresMountsFor= is filled in by configure to be where --with-updatable-directory points to.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |