[BRLTTY] Change Braille Table in Arch Linux Console

Life in Six Dots hello at lifeinsixdots.com
Tue Jun 7 05:44:43 EDT 2022

Hello all,

I'm new to this list and BRLTTY. I have a couple of questions that I hope
someone will be able to answer.

Firstly, is it possible to change the braille table within Arch Linux
Console from the default North American Braille Computer Code to Grade 2
UEB? I don't have a GUI setup. Instead, I am working exclusively in the
default console. I'm currently having no success with the following
commands:

$ brltty=,,en-ueb-g2.tbl

$ brltty=,,en-ueb-g2.ctb

$ brltty=auto,ttyS0,en-ueb-g2

I've uncommented en-ueb-g2 in /etc/brltty.conf

But my braille display is still reading en-nabcc

If it is possible to change the braille table to Grade 2 UEB is there a way
that I can switch between en-ueb-g2 and en-nabcc tables on the fly?

Any help, advice, or suggestions in resolving this issue is very much
apprecited.

Many thanks, Paul