[BRLTTY] brltty 6.5

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Fri Jun 10 10:27:14 EDT 2022

[quoted lines by Didier Spaier on 2022/06/09 at 19:53 +0200]

>congrats for the new version!

You were a little early. :-) Let's call it a slight pre-announcement. For some reason, my Windows VM was being very, very slow so those builds weren't in place yet. Now, they are.

>Anya caveats or recommendations for packagers?

The big one, I suppose, for Linux is that, for Udev, device.rules is now split into two files: device-customized.rules and device-generic.rules. The idea is that device-customized should always be installed but installing device-generic should be optional.

Also, for users of the newer HumanWare models, they can now be used via Bluetooth on Linux.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |