[BRLTTY] Configuring BRLTTY on Windows

Sébastien Hinderer Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org
Thu Mar 3 02:53:43 EST 2022

Dear all,

I am unable to configure BRLTTY on Windows and looking for help.

It's to use it with an Active Star 40 from Handy Tech but I am not sure
the issue is related to the device itself, because I have not been more
successful with a Brailliant 40 from HumanWare.

What I tried is to configure the HT driver and tell BRLTTY it's
connected through USB.

This does not work and I don't know where the logs are. I also tried to
run brltty with debug enabled, both through the Start Menu and manually,
but I was not able to find the log file either.

Do I have to install the libusb driver or not? Same question for the
manufacturer's firmware, which I thought was not necessary for BRLTTY,
since we don't need anything in addition to BRLTTY on Linux.

Many thanks in advance for any help,

Sébastien.