[BRLTTY] Russian braille tables and orca issue

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Thu Mar 17 13:09:01 EDT 2022

[quoted lines by Vsevolod Popov on 2022/03/17 at 19:48 +0300]

>I have just tried using the contracted braille table in console and I can
>tell that this problem doesn't appear there.

Thanks. That means that brltty itself is okay.

>However, when installing ru-g1 or ru-litbrl-detailed table in Orca's
>preferences, the punctuation symbols are not displayed as in console already.

Those are LibLouis table names so I guess Orca uses LibLouis for contracted braille.

Do you know which release of LibLouis is on your system? It's up to 3.21.1 now so it might be worth giving its latest release a try.

>> Is this for Russian-specific punctuation, English punctuation, or both?
>I don't really understand your question. Could you please explain it more?

I'm asking because I don't know the Russian language. It's possible that, like the Greek language, there are additional punctuation characters that are specific to the language. If there are, I'm wondering if the problem is just for language-specific puncutation or for all punctuation.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |