[BRLTTY] Russian braille tables and orca issue

Vsevolod Popov sevapopov13 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 05:42:06 EDT 2022

Hi Andrey,
22.03.2022 23:37, Андрей Якубой пишет:
> Vsevolod, can you please test this table?
> You need replace ru-litbrl.ctb in braille tables' folder with this one,
> then test braille output. If it will be correct, the problem is in the
> display tables and ORCA.
> Note that this fixed table should give a result (if at all) not only in
> Russian literary braille, but also in Russian literary braille
> (detailed) and Russian Grade 1.
Yes, I have just tried that. It fixed the punctuation!
But here is something else I noticed:
For some reason brltty text table works in terminal with displaying
everything in computer braille even if the literal braille table is
selected in Orca's settings.
However, I haven't set anything specifically for terminal in Orca's
preferences.
In graphical apps such as thunderbird and Libreoffice everything works
as expected for Russian literal, literal-detailed and g1 braille tables.
Maybe that's expected behavior that in terminal brltty's text table
should be used?
Thank you!
--
regards,