[BRLTTY] BRLTTY and Raspberry PI

kperry at blinksoft.com kperry at blinksoft.com
Sun May 1 01:41:31 EDT 2022

I am trying to install BRLTTY on raspberry pi the latest lite image of
Rasbion.  I have also tried the desktop image without setting up Xwin and
only using ssh on a shell.  BRLTTY seems to require the PcSPKR module which
is the PC speaker module.  Raspberry PI does not have that module compiled
with the kernel so you can't modprobe it. Is there steps to get BRLTTY
working with Raspberry PI command line?  I have tried

Sudo apt install brltty

And I have tried compiling my own out of the source.   I don't see any
options in the configure script to do something else than PCSPKR for a linux
build.  I am also not sure if BRLTTY is running after it errors with no
PCSPKR or not because this is the first time I have tried this with a Orbit
reader 40 in both emulation of vireo mode and not.  Nothing seems to be
working.

Anyway, if someone can tell me how to get this working with Raspberry PI
that would be awesome.