[BRLTTY] 6.5 within a couple of weeks.

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Mon May 2 14:25:15 EDT 2022

On 28/4/22 10:55, Dave Mielke wrote:
> The current plan is to release 6.5 during the week of May 9. Please let us know of any problems (not new features) that need to be resolved.

I don't know whether this is an issue with BRLTTY or with my ineptitude
as the user.

Currently, BRLTTY is configured to access graphical terminals directly
via AT_SPI, and the Linux console as well. Outside console/terminal
environments, it's using Orca. However, if I remember correctly, the
issue occurred even before I started using BRLTTY to manage X11-based
terminals.

Also, I'm installing BRLTTY from the Arch Linux package that tracks the
Git repository.

If I access the BRLTTY Preferences menu and change settings (e.g., to
skip all blank windows), the settings are saved in
/var/lib/brltty/.config/brltty/brltty.prefs. (Doing the same in the
BRLTTY instance run under GNOME or MATE terminals saves the preferences
in ~/.config/brltty/brltty.prefs). However, when I next reboot the
system (obviously, restarting BRLTTY) the saved preference changes don't
take effect at all.

The only potentially relevant warnings that I noticed in the logs are
messages about capabilities not being granted. However, none of those
messages reveals an obvious cause of the above-described issue.

Has anyone else on the list encountered this problem?