[BRLTTY] Upcoming tmux 3.3 fixes the cursor usage in prompts

Mario Lang mlang at blind.guru
Sat May 7 06:25:44 EDT 2022

Hi.

Just a quick heads up to tmux users.  As you might have noticed, tmux
does not use the cursor in its prompt (C-b :), which screen always did
as we would like.  Someone must have talked to the tmux maintainers,
because the following changelog entry can be found in tmux git:

CHANGES FROM 3.2a TO 3.3

* Try to leave terminal cursor at the right position even when tmux is drawing
  its own cursor or selection (such as at the command prompt and in choose
  mode) for people using screen readers and similar which can make use of it.

And indeed, I built the latest git version and cursor behaviour in the
tmux prompt is now as we would expect.  tmux 3.3 has not been released
yet, but it is great to know that the next release will fix this.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕