[BRLTTY] WORDS AND WORDS... BUT GNOPERNICUS?

Peter Korn Peter.Korn at Sun.COM
Thu Aug 11 01:23:04 EDT 2005

Hi Kenny,

>>As to web browsers, while the text browsers such as elinks have come a long
>>way, there is still much work to be done in order to support javascript.
>>Perhaps the mozilla solution is preferrable provided the accessibility is
>>working.
>
> I would agree if the accessibility is working, but it doesn't seem to
> have improved for me in the last year.  During the same time, elinks
> added Javascript support.  It's support isn't close to complete, but I
> see more progress with elinks than I see with Mozilla accessibility.
> Maybe the biggest advantage for elinks is you can actually talk with the
> developers.  The same isn't true for Mozilla accessibility.

The overwhelming amount of Mozilla accessibility work for UNIX has been
done/is being done by Sun engineers in Beijing.  While I haven't seen them
actively monitoring all of the various accessibility mailing lists (and
especially, for example, this one), they were very engaged in several
discussions on the mozilla-accessibility at mozilla.org list, and I have known
them personally to be very responsive to e-mail.

Where have you tried to connect with these developers?

Regards,

Peter Korn
Sun Accessibility team