[BRLTTY] Re: Jaws/BRLTTY sleep mode

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Aug 25 14:45:35 EDT 2005

[quoted lines by Lee Maschmeyer on 2005/08/25 at 14:25 -0400]

Hi:

>I've attached my cygwin.bat and the two bash startup files; I think they
>both refer to Cygwin if only for skipping things there.

I don't know if this happened to Samuel, but I got:

   A message filter removed the following attachment(s) from this message:
   cygwin.bat

>One of the ways task switching works is by using alt+tab. As long as the
>alt key is held down, at least in Jaws, the windows focus does not leave
>the present app so Jaws braille would stay asleep. When the alt key is
>released, if you've moved to a different app, focus goes there and Jaws
>braille wakes up;

How do you know where you are each time you press tab? Do you need speech for
that?

>I haven't yet applied the patch and may not get to it today, but I'll try
>before long.

Samuel: Should I apply your patch right away or wait for Lee's testing?