[BRLTTY] Accessible IP phones?

Jason White jasonw at ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au
Mon Dec 5 21:12:43 EST 2005

On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 10:20:13AM +0100, Mario Lang wrote:

> Yes, I own a Cisco 2940G (if I remember the product ID correctly)
> and that thing can nicely be configured via configuration files
> which are put on a tftp server and loaded by the phone on boot.
> These phones also have a telnet interface, so you can do some
> configuring after the phone has booted.
I think that's exactly what I need.

I'm also thinking of obtaining a new ADSL modem with a four-port Ethernet
switch built-in, and possibly 802.11g wireless as well. The higher-end
devices, according to product information I found, have command line
interfaces.

Any experiences/recommendations? My somewhat old ADSL modem has only a Web
interface, which obviously wasn't designed with accessibility in mind. In
other words, it's a mess composed mostly of Javascript.