[BRLTTY] brltty for freedombox

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Jul 27 19:55:58 EDT 2005

[quoted lines by Cheryl Homiak on 2005/07/27 at 09:13 -0500]

>I have the impression that
>freedombox isn't really interested in expanding to braille support; I
>think they may feel it would be a lot of additional work for them to
>get going

But that may be because they think they have to support the actual hardware.
They don't. They just need to use BrlAPI. That removes a huge chunk of the
work. If they could some how be told that we'd be taking care of all of the
hardware concerns for them, they might change their point of view.

>as far as I know Matt Campbell is still their
>only programmer.

Is that the same Matt Campbell who did trplayer?

>I don't know if Mike K. feels he has enough of a
>grip on the situation to talk to Mike Calvo and/or Matt about it.

Just let them know that there's a braille API which they can use, that we look
after all the hardware drivers, and that we'd welcome a discussion with them on
the topic.