[BRLTTY] BAUM SuperVario40 with Bluetooth interface

Jason White jasonw at ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au
Wed Nov 9 19:10:24 EST 2005

The university is considering the purchase of a BAUM SuperVario40 to be
made available in an assistive technology room for use by students. If
this happens, I would like to be able to bring along my laptop and use
BRLTTY with the SuperVario40, running over a Bluetooth interface.

I know there is code in BRLTTY to handle Bluetooth and the BAUM driver is
well developed. Has this combination - Bluetooth and SuperVario - been
actually tested? What hardware is needed (e.g., PCMCIA card) for the
laptop to provide Bluetooth support, what kernel modules etc., would I
need to set up? (References welcome). Another question, implicit in the
above, is whether the SuperVario has been tested with the BRLTTY Baum
driver.

If this combination works well I might even buy a Supervario myself at
some point for portable use.