[BRLTTY] small interesting curiosity

Stéphane Doyon s.doyon at videotron.ca
Wed Nov 30 13:43:39 EST 2005

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005, mrkiko wrote:

> a - The same job can be made with keys combination: and if we need to operate
> in a terminale where escape sequences are not handled? (SUCH ASTELNET)
> b - This is not a job for a screen-reader: it may be, but I think this feature
> may not hurt anything/anyone if you can disable/enable it.

I must be thick but I don't quite understand. The change that was made
recently is supposed to affect the way text gets cut. It's supposed to
prevent cutting part of a region multiple times by mistake. If you do
CUTBEGIN, then CUTRECT, then change your mind and do CUTRECT a second time
(or CUTLINE for that matter), then the first CUTRECT is forgotten and the
cut buffer is supposed to hold only the buffer delimited by CUTBEGIN and
the second CUTRECT. The old behavior had it hold the concatenation of two
regions, both starting at CUTBEGIN. I can't imagine how this could ever
have been useful. If it was useful to you, please explain again how!

But you can still paste your cut region twice by issuing the PASTE command
twice. That is still supposed to work, and it still does for me. Doesn't
it for you? If it doesn't then please which driver are you using again?
Which commands are you pressing?

And if you want to concatenate multiple regions in the cut buffer you
still can, using the CUTAPPEND command. (Neither the old (IMHO wrong)
behavior, nor CUTAPPEND, will insert a newline/RETURN keystroke.)

--
Stéphane Doyon
<s.doyon at videotron.ca>