[BRLTTY] Re: Information about status cells through BrlAPI?

Sébastien Hinderer Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org
Thu Oct 13 09:54:36 EDT 2005

> It is not.  (Only XEmacs can call binary code from Emacs Lisp some
> way.)

Hmm, too bad.
As Samuel and I already explained, we don't think converting the protocol
to text is a good idea.
However, on intermediate solution could be to write a little gateway
which would take text as its entry and communicate with BrlAPI.
In other words, the gateway would be :

(1) A server, to which clients could connect and exchange with in a
textual way.
(2) A BrlAPI client, passing client requests to BrlAPI server and
sending them back BrlAPI server's replies.

What do you folks thing of this idea ?
And you, Sam ?

Cheers,
Sébastien.