[BRLTTY] brltty and Festival Lite

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Apr 21 10:05:47 EDT 2006

[quoted lines by Lars Bjørndal on 2006/04/21 at 15:35 +0200]

>BRLTTY is in /bin, but festival is in /usr/bin,
>which maybe is mounted later on.

You can check this with the df command. If you give it a path, it'll show you
where that path has been mounted from.

>I'm running FC4, and BRLTTY is started as the first statement in
>/etc/rc.sysinit.

A standard FC4 installation doesn't put /usr into a different partition. It's
likely, though, that the sound subsystem hasn't been configured yet. This, in
turn, may cause festival to get some kind of error which makes it just give up.
Can you get your system into this state and then see if there's a festival
process running?