[BRLTTY] Dimensions of braille displays

Jason White jasonw at ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au
Fri Dec 1 23:12:01 EST 2006

On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 09:48:16PM +0100, S?bastien Hinderer wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I'm wondering which dimensions a braille display can have, in cells.
> Those I know typically are one-line-displays, the number of columns
> varying between, say, 18 and 80 cells. Are there other geometries
> available ? If the answer is Yes, which models use these geometries ?

Metec developed a text and graphic display with an array of 120 by 60 pins.
The price was enormous, however. There is one at the University of Stuttgart
in Germany. I don't know whether any others were built.

There is also a recent text and graphic display driven by electro-rheological
fluid.
Search the Web for details of the ItactI project; http://www.itacti.com/ used
to provide details and links, but is currently a mess.