gnome-braille (was Re: [BRLTTY] How to programmatically do a blinking cursor and/or blinking cells?)

Willie Walker William.Walker at Sun.COM
Mon Dec 11 10:11:23 EST 2006

Hi:

> Of course, this should probably be developped jointly with
> gnome-braille.

Gnome-braille is definitely a good thing to talk about.  At some point
soon, we want to make sure we have the following in Orca:

1) Good support for multiple locales
2) Good support for Grade 2 braille

For both of these, we'd really like to be able to just toss UTF-8 text
to BrlAPI and have it display the right thing.  In addition, we'd like
to determine UTF-8 character offset from cursor routing keys versus the
Grade 2 braille cell offset.

Does gnome-braille provide this for us?  Can we accomplish this via
simpler means?  Is this something that might be rolled directly into
BrlAPI versus requiring a separate component?

Thanks!

Will