[BRLTTY] Re: Write of brltty.pid on read-konly file systems at boot

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Mon Dec 18 10:05:55 EST 2006

Mario Lang, le Mon 18 Dec 2006 15:55:19 +0100, a écrit :
> One other alternative would be the /lib/init/rw directory
> that is a ram backed directory on Debian systems.
> I guess we could use this for our brltty.pid as well...

That should be fine for Debian, yes.  Note however that making the
transition to this place needs to be careful: on upgrade, the pid
residing in /var/run/ should be moved there. brltty should of course
also depend on the version of initscripts that introduced /lib/init/rw.

(yes, the content of /lib/init/rw is preserved)

Samuel