[BRLTTY] BRLTTY on SuperVario 40

Jason White jasonw at ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au
Thu Feb 2 00:10:44 EST 2006

I really like it when software works straight away and exactly as advertised.
This is precisely what happened today. The university library purchased a
SuperVario 40 (distributed by Humanware under the name Brailliant 40), which
is now available to students in a shared computer room. I connected it to my
laptop via USB, ran BRLTTY and it simply worked. Everyone was very impressed.

There was a slight delay, as someone had set the communication method to
Bluetooth rather than USB in the display configuration, but as soon as the
menu option was changed, BRLTTY detected the device and proceeded as usual.