[BRLTTY] brltty 3.7.2 USB claiming fails

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Sat Feb 4 09:20:35 EST 2006

Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> writes:

>>Does anyone know, is there a known problem with claiming USB
>>devices from user-space on 2.6?  I just tried brltty 3.7.2 with
>>my HT braillestar via USB on a 2.6.15 box which apparently
>>had belkin_sa loaded (the kernel driver for the usb-to-serial interface).
>>If belkin_sa is loaded, brltty can not start, and the kernel
>>reports that "brltty" tries to set the USB config for a device which
>>is already claimed by "belkin".
>
> I think I know what the problem may be. There's code to handle it when claiming
> the interface, but not when configuring the device. It used to work before
> because we used to claim the interface first, and probably stopped working when
> we switched the order of operations and now configure the device first. Can you
> please tell me what errno you're getting, and also let me know what the exact
> error log is? Thanks.

brltty: BRLTTY 3.7.2
brltty: looking for USB braille display on 'usb:'.
brltty: checking for 'ht' braille display.
brltty: initializing braille driver: ht -> usb:
brltty: USB: testing: vendor=0000 product=0000
brltty: USB: testing: vendor=0921 product=1200
brltty: USB configuration set error 16: Device or resource busy.
brltty: USB: testing: vendor=099A product=610C
brltty: USB: testing: vendor=0A12 product=0001
brltty: USB: testing: vendor=0000 product=0000
brltty: USB device not found.
brltty: braille driver initialization failed: ht -> usb:

And the kernel says:

usb 1-7: usbfs: interface 0 claimed by belkin while 'brltty' sets config #1

--
CYa,
  Mario